Tuesday, October 16, 2018



Themed Post 1  (Example)
Why did I choose to study ____?
What did I know about this career that attracted me?
Why Universidad de Chile?

180 words minimum


My Career

 Resultado de imagen para image of careers


I chose to study sociology because I thought I would change the society where I lived. This was my dream. This was many years ago. Today, I know it was just a dream. Even though, many things have changed in our society, these changes have not been what I dreamt. My dream was to live a more fair society where everyone had the same opportunities, not only few. A society where people were treated as equals, no matter from where they came from, where they study, what color was their skin, what religion they practiced, what sexual preference they have, etc.

Sociology had a very interesting curricula, I learned many interesting things about society, about many different social scientists and some economic concepts that allowed me to understand the kind of world we lived at that time and today.

I studied in Universidad de Chile, but the coup came and I had to leave this wonderful career. I chose this university because it had the best professors at that time. A group of intellectual professors who wrote many and interesting books. The relationship with them was very close with us, the students. We spent many hours talking about the Chilean and worldwide social situation. This was a very nice time at this university for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing practice Go to this web site and do the quiz:    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/green-lifestyle-qu...